08 March 2013

Lemon Brussel Sprout Pasta

Most of my friends define dinner as a boxed salad from the commons or a drive-through burrito, but dinner is my time to have a glass (or three) of red wine and relax- (hey, doctors say its healthy!). My friends sometimes call me the "food snob"but when it comes to food, I've got some guidelines. I like healthy flavorful meals that fill me up and satisfy. Thankfully I have one friend who is as adventurous in their eating as me. Not only is she willing to try new recipes with me, but she is the official "wine bottle opener" and brings great conversation to the kitchen. Last night we made Lemon Brussel Sprout Pasta from a great whole foods blog, Naturally Ella. We got the lemon pasta at Trader Joes and I roasted the brussel sprouts with garlic mustard, balsamic vinegar, and a splash of olive oil instead of steaming them. I also added some left over shrimp from a coconut shrimp recipe I made earlier in the week.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment