08 June 2013

Stay Local, Denver!

I spent my Saturday afternoon downtown at the Handmade Homemade Market on 28th & Larimer. The farmers market type setting featured sustainable entrepreneurs alongside music, food, and local retail. The HAHO supports Denver's local economy, allowing small-scale businesses a chance to showcase their craft and expand their brand. My favorite craft there were the spoon bracelets and rings made by Made By Tay. The owner is young, has great prices, and does wonderful work.



She used a framed chalkboard to display her work, and handed out the cutest business cards.

 

I had to buy one. If you are looking to match me, contact her at madebytay@gmail.com

While I was there, I also stumbled upon another Denver gem. It's a brewery and tap room called Our Mutual Friend. It's located in the Five Points neighborhood and works to use local sources and participates in every step of the brew making process. They enjoy photography, music, food and, of course, a good beer. I loved the emphasis on remaining local and their unique and friendly atmosphere. They even feature Beer and Yoga on Mondays at 6:30 pm - count me in! 



No comments:

Post a Comment