22 December 2013

5 To The New Year

With Christmas closing in on us and the new-year right around the corner, I’ve found myself thinking about changes I’d like to make in 2014. Since I tend to forget my new years resolutions by new years day, I’ve decided to stick to more simpler changes this year….

1.     With friends heading in a million life directions, jealousy can rear its ugly head. Rather than listening to that ugly side of you, be happy for your friends who reach those big life milestones before you. You’ll want that kind of support when you get there yourself. 


2.     If someone has hurt you, let them explicitly know how they did so. Conflict is never fun, but its important to stand your ground.
   

3.     Put some distance between you and people that drag you down. Spend time with the people that raise you up.


4.     Read more newspapers and books. 





5.     Take a hint from you preschool teacher and don’t say anything unless you have something nice to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment