Ever since graduating, I’ve been able to put a lot more time and thought into myself. Between work, friends, and family we often lose sight of who we truly are and what is most important to us. I’ve decided to take this precious time that I have been given to focus on what makes me truly happy. What better time to do a little soul searching than now?
Here are five activities that I’ve done. Maybe you can try them too.
1. Commit to a 30-day challenge like the one I’ve started here. For the next thirty days I’ve decided to eat my breakfast outside and write a response to every one of these prompts. It’s surprising how much you learn about yourself.
2. Write a thank you letter. We all do little things for each other every day; however, these selfless acts often go unnoticed. It feels great to sit down and tell someone just how thankful you are for their friendship, their role in your life, or for leaving you the last cup of coffee.
(image via weheartit.com)
3. List your top 10 values and ask yourself if your way of life coincides with those values. I took the late afternoon to sit outside with a cup of tea and think it over. I found that the things I cherish most were family, nature, and health.
4. Go for a walk and try to remain in the present moment. Try not to let your mind wander, but just appreciate the exact moment your in. (This one is hard)
5. Find a favorite place that you can easily get to. Mine is in my backyard.