With Spring in the air, I've teamed up with two popular Denver shops help us style a popular warm weather trend, florals. Both Casey Rosen of Blush and Shana Colbin Dunn of Kismet have put together some great tips as to how to wear florals this season...
|Equipment: Reese With Contrast Collar (Bright White) $278.00|
- Add edginess: The key to wearing florals is to pair them with something that gives a bit of an edge. For example, wear a floral blouse with distressed denim, skinny white jeans or for a really edgy look, black leather pants.
- Add modernity: Wear a floral print with modern or more geometric jewelry. That way the softness and sweetness of the floral pattern is balanced out with clean lines.
- Use footwear with angles: Wear floral prints with pointy toe flats or heels. (This is the same idea as pairing with the modern/geometric jewelry.)
- Use it casually: Florals don't have to be for formal looks; today's floral prints are terrific for wearing casually. I have a pair of silk floral pants that I love with a basic tee shirt and a pair of flip flops!
Tips from Shana Colbin Dunn of Kismet:
- Have no fear: some women shy away from wearing florals, but I say embrace them. Wearing florals is easier then people think!
- Keep it simple: This is the key to looking fresh and new, versus dated. If you're going to wear either a big, bold floral print, or a small, soft floral print, you should always pair it with a solid color. From a great pair of jeans to a solid-color maxi dress.
- Kick it up: Add flare to floral prints by pairing with metallic shoes, a bright bag and fun jewelry!