02 July 2014

Denver Restaurant Review: Tamayo

July 1st through September 30th marks Tamayo's annual Guacamole Festival here in Denver. Come taste Chef Richard Sandoval's guacamole creations inspired by the diverse regions of Mexico. Flavors from Yucatan, Baja, Sur, Norteno, and Pacifico work to create this unique series of guacamole tasters that are only around for a limited time.

Last night, I was lucky enough to help kick off this year's Guacamole Festival (see menu here). Both a guest and myself were treated to a platter of guacamole samplers including: The Baja, Sur, Pacifico, Traditional, Bacon, Tuna Tartare, and the Spicy Crab. The samplers came on mini tostadas, piled high with each guacamole flavor alongside habanero and tomatillo salsas.



The Sur featured cotija cheese, cilantro, lime, tomatillo, onion and GRASSHOPPERS! I consider myself to be a fairly adventurous eater, but I wouldn't last a week on Survivor. I'm not about to eat any bugs. However, those who ate it said it was surprisingly delicious. 



My two favorites were the Baja featuring kiwi, strawberry, mango and mint and the Pacifico with grilled beats, walnuts, orange and lime.



Tamayo has always been one of my favorite restaurants in Denver and it's always fun to try something new. Make sure you venture down to Tamayo this summer for some one of a kind guacamole or at least a margarita or two!

Tamayo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment