I love to cook. A glass of wine, some music (especially Dave Matthews), and good conversation are a true and sure recipe for happiness. Last night, I made Southwest Eggrolls. I adapted the original recipe by adding a little bit more spice (original found here).
1 Red Pepper
4 Green Onions
1 jalapeño- with the seeds, that’s what makes it spicy!
Sweet corn to your liking
1 can of black beans
A few cilantro sprigs
1 tsp. olive oil
¼ cup sundried tomatoes
Cyan pepper to your liking
Egg roll wrappers
Here is how you do it….
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrease
2. Sauté the onions, pepper, and jalapeño
3. Add the corn, cilantro, sundried tomatoes, beans, and cyan pepper and mix until warm.
4. Add a dollop of the mixture to a corner of the egg roll wrap, fold the tip over, fold the sides, and roll.
5. Once you have finished preparing, throw the egg rolls into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Add the jalapeño jelly to the top- it’s the key ingredient to making it extra yummy- and enjoy!